Program&Build Day are workshops on Robotics designed to help achieving curriculum goals within areas such as computing, D&T (design and technology) and sciences. During each session students build and code robots using LEGO® MINDSTORMS® sets and an easy to use graphical environment. Not only this gripping activity would make ICT classes fun for your students but also breaden their knowledge and understanding about some key concepts from fields such as science, engineering, technology and mathematics.
Workshops are suitable for Year 1 through to Year 13. With more than 100 lesson plans we can tailor a Program&Build Day to your specific needs. Just drop us an email explaining what specific learning objectives you wish to fulfill and we will be right back with a handy solution. With us, computing workshops can be hassle free and robots in the classroom are a great way to encourage pupils into STEM.
Older students can construct more complex machines such as:
– Arcade Game – Students would program tracks to act as a background for a color sensor representing a ‘space ship’
– Race Car – Students will learn that using gears can make robots faster;
– Mini Warriors – Students would code a controller for robots able to drive in different directions and trying to destroy an opponent robot;
and much more..
Programming for more advanced students can be done with a C like code, however if this is an entry stage of programming we can use drag and drop environment with some ready pieces of code. If we have a mixture of experienced and first timers, both types of coding can be introduced.
For younger students we have exciting topics such as:
– Mars Scout – the car avoiding obstacles;
– Reptile Bot – a simple walking mechanism;
– Race Car – using the touch sensor to construct a bumper in front of the car;
– Sumo Warriors – including a ‘weapon’ to defeat an opponent
and much more.
Workshops last for 120-150 minutes. During these classes we build and program in groups of 3. We provide LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Sets, computers, software. All what you need to provide is a classroom with chairs and tables and an access to power.
Normal Price is £7 per student. Only £3.50 per student for all workshops which will take place before end of November 2020!
To book please fill enquiry form below: